Friday, October 10, 2008

ZenZoo

So, another reason Mariko is my hero: she has this know-how that makes it seem like she's lived in Paris for years! We enjoy trying new restaurants together- funny thing is usually they arent french cuisine. Anyways, when she picks the place it is a little restaurant down a little back street and a ten min walk from the nearest metro- but theyll be so busy! I dont understand how she finds/hears about these places. Theyre gems- inexpensive authentic cuisine with great atmosphere. Usually we'll have to wait a little while for a seat, but I always take that as an indicator that my dinner is gonna be good! Last night we met a friend of hers she met in a different program in august and headed to a taiwanese place called ZenZoo. Delicious! Although they were laughing at me as I awkardly picked up (tried to pick up) the smaller pieces with chopsticks, as they both grew up usin them. Also, sad as it is, Ive been missing my visits to the Tea Garden back home so I mental noted that they have an entire page to select from of bubble teas. Just what I might need next time Im having a difficult day :)

THen, later that night we met a lovely canadian girl- unfortunately she doesnt have as strong an accent as our friend kyle haha She came here to France alone to teach english within different coorporations -which sounds really cool, something I think would be really fun. Buut she doesn't have a single friend from North America here and is a little homesick so we exchanged numbers and we're gonna rendez-vouz to explore the city a little together. Another plus- she only happens to live in one of the greatest parts of Paris right outside the metro Odeon. When Mariko and I were telling her about the great places she lived near she had no idea! We all decided it the only thing to do is educate her through a series of outings. Should be fun!

No comments: