Saturday, October 25, 2008

la campagne.. la ville.. le gateau chocolat et les pancakes :)

I know I say this all the time- but man time flys by! I cant believe its already the end of another friday! And today was amazing and hilarious. It started with a guided tour of the medieval town of Provins about and hour and a half outside of Paris. What a great time of year to go with all the leaves changing- absolutely gorgeous. The bummer- yet again my camera battery died- i HAVE to get better at charging that before events or outings. Good news- plenty of friends who offered to share their pics with me. The city was so cool- it is split into two parts: the first is a preserved medieval town and the other is a modern city full of commerce. Obviously we just toured the preserved medieval part, which absolutely blows my mind. I dont understand how so many buildings here have been preserved for soo long! We also were given a tour of the souterains> so interesting. Cool enough this was a "free" field trip for me because there were extra spots- i still have my two I chose in November for Versailles and then off to fontainbleu and vau-le0vicompte! bon chance :)

The second part of the day Andrea, Amanda, Sarah and I met up with some of Andreas french friends at B.I.A - Breakfast in America. Its an american diner in paris serving "traditional" american dishes and, of course, breakfast all day. It was unbelievably fun with the nostalgic atmosphere mixed with andreas amazing friends. They were hilarious- so not reserved and cracking jokes all over the place. I feel like tonight served a healthy dose of sarcasm that Id been missing.

Pictures to come..

No comments: