Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tasty..

So I just had the most bizarre but delicious dinner ! When I asked what it was they told me celery.. I looked at them like what? But then I smelt it.. it was in fact celery. But it looked kind of like a bowl of hot orangish reddish apple sauce with meatballs in it.. cautiously I took the first bite- totally amazing! My host mom hasnt made a single thing yet that wasnt good so I don't know why I had any doubts..She was telling me how easy it was to make so Ill have to try it sometime! It was kind of like a soup made of pureed celery mixed with a puree of tomatoes and viande. I know it doesn’t sound good but it was exceptional.. maybe one of the best things Ive had here so far! It was filling but very light. Anyways, just an odd but surprisingly pleasant experience I wanted to share with you.

oh I almost forgot- when I told them about "ants on a log" -you know, the normal way to eat celery- they looked at each other and laughed like what in the world? and then asked me for clarification because they didn't think they understood me at first haha Oh what those poor french children have been missing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bekah, I laughed and laughed when I read about the "ants on a log"mexperience. Wish I could have been there to see you "try" to explain that. Do they use peanut butter there-I mean does your fam. have some-could you show thm what you are talking about. It sounds like you are havng such a wonderful time you little adventure seeker. Dad and I just returned from a week up at Summitview and a weekend of meetings in Denver. Frisco was gorgeous -peak turn week for the Aspen trees--took lots of pics. I will send you some. Please let me know if you got your sim card--sent it to the school in a regular white envelope to yu care of IES school. Hope to hear from you soon ---LOVRED LOVED LOVED talkingto you for our 58 min "chat" . Lets do it again soon. Marg really loved it that you calleded her. gotta run Love you so much. Mom