Monday, November 3, 2008

Whohoo! Les examens de mid-semestre sont finis! And my only solo presentation of the semester is finished as well.. what a wonderful feeling. I am just going to rest in denial until about 8 tonight about having hw for tomorrow..

So this afternoon, as a kind of celebration I got together with a girlfriend from church- léa. We had originally planned on going to the salon du chocolate- a huge exposition of chocolate! with a million different kinds of samples!- but I made the mistake of thinking it ended today when in fact it ended yeterday. oops! Thats ok.. I really dont neeed a million samples of chocolate.. instead we met at place st michel and walked around, peeking in a bunch of jewelry shops. We even found this shop filled with scarves of evey color, pattern and fabric! gorgeous. Did I mention I have been practicing self-control lately? Then we got crepes- I got a creme de marron crepe -aka thanksgiving on a crepe! That is "cream of chestnut" -absolutely delicious :) So with our crepes in hand we continued walking..and you know, just happen to stumble upon the pantheon! Will never get over it.. more times than not, just walking around Paris you'll find yourself face to face with some of the worlds best known pieces of architecture. Whats even better is I am starting to know a brief history of a lot of them. I saw like 4 buildings that I had just written about in the essqy for my mid-term earlier today haha

Amazing fall day.

Here are just a few pics from place de Pantheon




Do you know the architect of the Pantheon?



Soufflot, apparently he was a big deal. Atleast my teacher definitely thinks so. Atleast I think it was Soufflot..



mon amie Léa- she is getting married in Provence in the spring and IM INVITED :) talk about beautiful..



Paris, je t'aime!



of course if you turn around you can see a little bit of the beloved tour eiffel :)

1 comment:

Krissy S. said...

walking aimlessly is how we found the pantheon too!
Ahh... that is one of the best things about Paris. even if you get lost you end up someplace amazing.