Tuesday, November 11, 2008

SISTERHOOD





Ah, tonight was the first « Sisterhood » meeting that I’ve been to at Hillsong! The pic is of my friend katy eating a galaffe on the way. Tonight was just so cool, really inspired me and got me even more excited about being part of the sisterhood at Hillsong Paris. A large part of the night was dedicated to socializing and eating, naturally. Then our pastor’s wife spoke to us about confidence. She spoke about the source of your confidence should come from God and your identity in Christ. What she had to say really resonated with me because this is something that has had such an influence in my day-to-day life, most notably while in France. When I first arrived here I was completely overwhelmed. Not in the sense of being scared to try and figure out the metro and get a long in a big city, but overwhelmed in the sense that it was the first time in my life I felt that I could actually completely and quite seriously fail. Thank God for the message from Beven my first week at Hillsong, when he spoke about having confidence in the capacity that God has given you. I’ve definitely been able to recognize a pattern that when I place my confidence in Christ I face my challenges with a completely different demeanor. Instead of already feeling defeated, I attempt with the mindset that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! It is still a daily choice- no, more like a minute to minute choice from time to time- but I pray that the more often I make that decision the more natural it will become. The real importance in sourcing your confidence in God and stepping into your identity in Christ is that you are saying yes to letting God use you to do wonderful things in his name. Not only is life more enjoyable, you are building the kingdom!

No comments: