Friday, November 7, 2008

Jazz Hands

So last night was definitely a Paris moment I would like to just bottle up and remember on those days I am frustrated or homesick.. It was a night I'd like to repeat :) I went to a jazz bar with a few girlfriends to listen to a band named YAPA. Amazing. Amazing atmosphere, amazing music. They were seriously talented- I highly recommend giving them a little look (its really funny cuz that expression in french translates to literally "throw them an eye"- "jettez un coup d'oeil") We went because I had actually met one of the guitarist my first weekend here and have chatted with him a little on fb since then.. very cool man. Anyways, i felt very parisianne and loved it.




This front guy is my friend, simon.

Did I mention we had front row seats? lol It wasnt actually intentional.. we showed up fashionably late and they were like "quatre?" and pointed to the booth right in front of them. nice.



http://www.yapa.fr



This guy was totally grown-up french version pauly bleeker.. it was great. He could play just about every variation of guitar there is! I feel like he just kept pulling out different guitars! tres impressionant.



Andrea and I.

I ordered my first cosmo ever. We were in a "new york" styled jazz bar and I thought it was fitting.. thought of carrie haha.. anyways, it tasted like pink lemonade! Very delicious.. probably very dangerous. I let all the girls taste it and they assured me that was not what a cosmo tastes like in the states!



Sarah, Krissy and I. Don't worry, I, too, had a scarf with me last night, it was just in my bag at the time.




Although I did not wear tights, which by doing so was almost like an announcement to all passerbys that I am not french. Seriously, tights could not be bigger here right now.. I am waiting for my package from lindso (i think she said she threw some in there? ps you are wonderful linds)

BUT the real reason for this picture is FALL TIME! Im in love with fall time here. I think Parisian leaves are made of different stock- theyre huge! I have more than once caused a scene on the side-walk and it is completely attributed to how beautiful they are! Every once in a while I am so taken a back by how large a fallen leaf is that I will stop suddenly to look at it and before I know it I have caused a domino effect with the people behind me. Oops! Probably nooot the best sidewalk etiquette..

Stay tuned to hear about my visit to Jim Morrisons gravesite, and more!

bisous a tout le monde!

No comments: