Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day.. kinda..

November 4th, Election day!!

Atleast kind of.. the election coverage doesnt really start here until about 1AM, but of course there is "pre-coverage" and then the results should come in during the wee hours of the morning. I cant believe its already here, while at the same time so ready for it to be over with. American restaurants and bars all over Paris tonight are leaving their doors open to cover the election. I was going to go with a few friends but opted not.. instead Im going running in the morning. :) Also everyone is getting sick right now and I didnt think staying out all night would do anything to increase my chances of remaining healthy- no matter how many daily vitamins I take!

Here is the first page of the Figaro today- a popular newspaper in Paris. Sorry it is sideways!





And this just cracked me up: "Fumer tue" = "smoking kills"

Could they have made it any bigger? And yet it doesnt even phase some people..




And last but not least, ta da! Do you like my first painting that I did in my still life class (nature mort in french, so morbid!) ? Ok, I know it isnt anything youd find in one of the expositions going on here in Paris right now- but Im not gonna lie, I am pretty proud of myself :) I have a really hard time being "creative and artsy", so right now this is my pride and joy!

Maybe sometime Ill even post a picture of a drawing from my model vivante class!

If youre lucky ;)


No comments: