Thursday, February 26, 2009

La joie de vivre!

Spring has sprung! Ok, not really. But in comparison to our MN springs, this is heaven. The days are getting longer and the sunshine is a much more regular occurance. Once again I'm having problems not smiling at strangers around me!

On top of that, I am so content right now. I have wonderful friends around me that are feeling more like family all the time, and my host family has become increasingly chatty. I still have language frustrations and my work load is more steep this semester, but I am enjoying it all. C'est le joie de vivre :)

It is funny how our perceptions change with change of local and habits. I laughed with my friends as one was saying the previous night, while at dinner, she was thinking about how much she had to do and how busy life has gotten. Then it hit her- I think my life is so busy yet I actually have the time to sit down for an hour with the fam for dinner! While at home (in the states) she recalls many nights scarfing somthing down whilst doing somthing else,. Though I still am such an american here, I have definitely picked up characteristics and habits of another life. Should be interesting to see to what extent.

No comments: